Classroom Immersion: Electric Poe
- Led by professional Actor and Teaching Artist Hollis Wilhoit, students will explore the historical events and cultural context that inspired Edgar Allan Poe. Using either The Masque of the Red Death, Premature Burial, or The Tell-Tale Heart students will explore the use of symbolism created a lasting impact on audiences across the eras.
- Middle and high school students will enjoy a pre-recording of The Coterie’s special event performance of Electric Poe, along with a special talk-back session with the star of the show.
- Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, students will create their own 10-minute moody masterpiece.
- A teacher consultation will occur beforehand to ensure we serve the needs of your class.
Three classroom sessions, 50 minutes in length.
Timeline is flexible but should be completed within a month.
- Three 50-minute sessions can be arranged to suit your schedule.
- $300 per classroom sized group.
- 10% discount for 4 or more classrooms.
*a mileage fee may be charged for travel outside the Kansas City metro area
OBJECTIVES & STANDARDS | EDUCATOR RESOURCES
Click below for 24-hour booking requests:
For questions or further information about Classroom Immersions , contact Stephanie Laaker, Booking Coordinator, at (816) 994-8832 or email@example.com.