Classroom Immersion: Heroes
- Students will work with a professional teaching artist to write and perform a short first person monologue about a “hero” (based on a historical/real figure).
- Using existing monologues as examples, students will analyze what makes a good monologue and demonstrate that understanding through their own original writing.
- A teacher consultation will occur beforehand to ensure we serve the needs of your class.
- The residency will align with Missouri and Kansas English Language Arts and Theatre Arts standards, and will offer students the option to share their work with each other.
Three sessions, 50 minutes in length.
Timeline is flexible but should be completed within a month.
- Three 50-minute sessions can be arranged to suit your schedule.
- $300 per classroom sized group.
- 10% discount for 4 or more classrooms.