Websites for Teachers
- This is a product of a unique partnership between Kansas City PBS, 41 Action News and the Kansas City Public Library. It features historians, political and law enforcement leaders along with eyewitnesses to the tumultuous events playing out on Kansas City streets 52 years ago.
- A guideline for leading open discussions on race, privilege and oppression in your high school classroom.
- An article by Martin City Telegraph investigating the origins of the racial divide in Kansas City and how Troost Ave became a dividing line.
- A list curated by the University of Central Florida of historic examples of people advocating for change.
- A kid’s perspective on modern day school segregation in America.
- An article from KCUR that interviews the daughter of the owner of Fairyland Park, discussing segregation and reminiscing about the height of the park, the fight for Civil Rights, and the eventual closing of Fairyland.