Websites for Teachers
Secret Soldiers: Heroines in Disguise
- The National Archives’ accounts of Women in the War
- A PBS Special and the accompanying learning resources
- A Washington Post article about women on the battle lines
- Articles from The Library of Congress for teachers about women soldiers in the Civil War
- An article by the Playwright about how she formed the show
- History UnErased offers toolkits to educators on a variety of historical and current events. Their “From Farmer to Soldier” inquiry kit introduces the true story of Sarah Rosetta Wakeman/Lyons and includes background information, a lesson plan, learning outcomes, guiding questions, unique illustrated story, vocabulary practice, map reading activity, assessment tool, HUE’s What’s My Secret? game, and more.