The Nine Who Dared: Courage in Little Rock

Before seeing the production, students will be prepared to put history into context by our experienced facilitators, who will visit classrooms for a nominal additional fee.

Available Dates: September 6 – October 21

Price: $15 per workshop, $40 for three workshops on the same day and at the same location

Workshop Length: 50 minutes

These interactive workshops bring artists into your classroom to do a 50-minute preshow workshop. The teaching artists will work with each class (up to 25 students per class) to explore themes of the show.

Here’s what teachers have said about The Coterie’s In-School Workshops:

• “The teaching artist came to my classes Tuesday of this week. He was wonderful—and really engaged the students. I have a couple of less than stellar students who were respectful and really interested in the activities (quite a change from the usual lack of enthusiasm for anything). The kids loved making the tableaus and I could see them really mulling over the words to describe the feelings of slaves, owners, and abolitionists. He did a great job with the kids and really seemed to enjoy what he was doing!!”
  • “The teaching artist was great with the kids. I would have him back again in a second if we do another interactive play in the future. The kids seem to really enjoy it and are looking forward to the play tomorrow.”

To book a workshop, call (816) 474-6801 or mstaub@coterietheatre.org.